Dr. Thomas Hardiman is a practicing podiatrist with 30 years of experience. Dr. Hardiman is also a certified wound care specialist and certified pedorthist. His practice focuses on care of the diabetic foot and amputation prevention.
Prior to co-founding Medical Monofilament, he collaborated with the Lower Extremity Amputation Prevention (LEAP) Program to develop a higher quality manufacturing process for monofilaments (monofilaments were already adopted by the LEAP program as the gold standard of care). Dr. Hardiman played a vital role in the design of an offloading diabetic insole as a consultant for Atlantic Foot Care, and has collaborated with the International Diabetes Federation on various foot care projects.
Look out for future blog posts such as:
• The Gift of Pain: It is better than you think!
• Let’s Get Fit2Walk: The Importance of Being Proactive
• The 3 Leading Factors Contributing to Diabetic Foot Ulcerations
• Neuropathy : Is it the same for everyone?
• Walking and Diabetes: How good is a good thing?
• Selecting Good Walking Shoes: “Shanks Alot”
• Walking for Dummies: What is the best walking program for me?
• Walking Safety Tips !Reasons Walking Trumps Running
• Let’s Talk Socks: The “Seamingly” Obvious
• Advocay: What it is and Why it Matters !
• The 2015 ADA Standards of Care: What you need to know
• Diabetic Foot Risk Categories and Management Categories: Where do you fit ?